Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Boston

July's visit to Boston ended up being a very long day.  We got there early, did the labs before the appointment.  I got the lady for height/weight and EKG that I do not like.  She has the bedside manner of something that doesn't have great bedside manner (when i told my story at supper time, i said fruit fly - but I don't know how a fruit fly's bedside manner is, to be honest!).  I just don't like her, I find her rude, but I try to not let it bother me. 

Anyway, it seems as if Dean is not only 14 pounds - he's 14 pounds and 3 ounces! (cheers!!!!)
We saw one of doctors that we don't usually see, which is fine.  He wanted us to try a new medicine.  Earlier this year, they had me fill a prescription and try this medication in clinic.  It can drop blood pressure pretty badly, and that's what happened before.  The doctor had said that he thought that perhaps Dean was not as stable as he is now, that he might tolerate it better now that he's older and weighs more, perhaps they tried too much too soon.  If his blood pressure dropped again, they would leave it at that and let it go, but this medication had shown great things when it came to healing hearts, and hopefully it would make a difference for Dean.

I had with me two of my other three children, and at this point it was 12:30 in the afternoon and they had not eaten lunch.  After they give him the medication, they wouldn't let us leave the office, so I said that i needed to feed the kiddos.  So, we went and got lunch, got back to the clinic, Dean got the medicine, and we waited.

For an hour. In the waiting room.  Luckily, they had Wall-E on the TV in the waiting room for the kiddos to watch, so it wasn't as bad as possible.

They took his blood pressure and it was fine.  I am relieved.  It seems to be something that the doctors really think will work and I hope that it does.  It brings his meds to 8.

At least it doesn't seem to be bothering him.

No comments:

Post a Comment